Homeschool-I have been thinking about this idea for quite sometimes now given that my daughter sort of refused to go to school. Why..o why its a compulsory to send ur child to school to get primary education.. susah tau. As weird as it may sound, I prefer to home school my daughter than forcing her to go to school knowing that by the end of the day, she's not going to enjoy it. I know..I know, socialization is the main reason why normal people never think twice about sending their children to school n just so u know...I'm not normal people. lol.
There's this website, design to discuss homeschooling future in malaysia but..the latest post dated way back in 2003. With the website existing, at least now I know that i'm not the only 1 who's not normal.heheh
After reading few articles from this website, here's what I think.
homeschool n going to school:-
- The child has plenty of time to play. There is not enough time to do homework!
- The child asks questions all the time. The child is to remain quiet in class.
- The child is free to pursue his own interest. The child has to follow a fixed schedule.
- The child runs and jumps as he likes. The child is confined to his table and chair.
- The child looks forward to the next day. The child worries daily about homework.
There are many a great personalities who did not go to school but made an impact on the world through their sharp and sensitive minds.Just think about it. I have no problems with school or teachers its just that I think its about time we open up our mind n try to accept the idea.
As much as i like the idea, I don't see any future in Homeschooling in Malaysia any time sooner unless my daughter get a special permission from the Ministry of Education in which the success rate is 0.000000000001%.
cheers!!
noreez™
4 comments:
Oh my kids are definitely going to be home-schooled.For aqidah reasons ^_^ maybe when they're a bit older, I'd chuck them in public schools.Tengok dulu la.A bit frightened by what kids could do to other kids today.A parent could only do so much to protect their child,but once they're out there, all we can do is pray that Allah will protect them.You dolok skolah cney?I miak st.mary.
heheh...greenian..green road ..sama ngan nuwal. yalah kan..mun lah di malaysia boleh homeschool nak kah senang.
Hmmm...a bit sceptical about home schooling in Malaysia, we don't have a system that works yet...I mean if the qualification is good enough to go into public universities or work in public sector, that sorta thing u gotta take into consideration....how about private school?
well...private school will means more moolah n incase u forgot..i'm all out of moolah now..hahahaneway..just my thought ler..not that i'm wishing really hard for our education system to change in a blink of an eye kan..hehebut..i'd be nice to have a change once in a while...:D
Post a Comment